Monday, March 11, 2013

Quiet Book #14: Table Setting & Food Page


This is the Table Setting and Food Page. My goal with this page is to have my kids learn how to set a table and have fun serving mostly healthy imaginary foods.



I started with getting a piece of scrap fabric.  Fringe cut the two short sides. I zig zagged hemmed the two long sides.  Then I just sewed around the sides and bottom, leaving the top open.


The food fits into the pocket behind the placemat. I made that by sewing a snap to the back of the fabric and at the adjacent felt piece near the top edge of what I want to be the opening.

Make a place by cutting out two circle of white felt.  I sewed a circle in the middle to make it look like the bottom of the place.  Then I just glued the edge around the circle shut with felt glue.

Then all you have to do is find some images of food and place setting online that you like.  I tried to pick some healthier stuff but still realistic..ex. veggie pizza. :)  Then prepare those as in a tutorial I will show you later, and then slip them in the pocket and you're all done. 





Happy crafting and Blessings to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment