Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Farm Website Design

Here's another of my occasional website designs I wanted to show you.  It was for a friend who runs a farm here in Texas.  We're really good friends and I did a really quick website for them in the past and now they wanted to have a complete custom update.  Here's what I came up with:


This is the homepage and when you scroll over the pictures fade to text that goes to one of the pages, which are also listed on the left.


This was the most challenging page because they wanted an easy way for them (after this design was done) to maintain and update what food is in season. So, I created a collage of the top selling produce for them. Then when you scroll over the box will change red for out of season, or green for in season. In the basket on the bottom row it lists any additional smaller items available that doesn't have a main picture representing it.  It has seemed to work out well so far. At it's much more delightful to look at than just a list, which is what they previously had.


Here's just another sample page of their CSA information and a form to fill out to request information on joining their CSA baskets. 

Well, I hope you've enjoyed this design. To check out more go to their website here. And I hope another friend of mine needs a website soon. I'm ready for another project!

God Bless!

Heather Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment