Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Emma's 1st Polka Dot Birthday Party


So, here is my baby girls' first birthday party. Sadness. I can't believe that she's getting so big.  Well, we threw her a polka dot party. One of my first loves is ice cream and my second is...polka dots!  Here's a few of the details of our party:


Here's our entry table/gift table. I found a polka dot fabric at Hobby Lobby and just covered my entry table with it.

Here is the take away gift for our guest: bubble gum balls. - Dollar store find.


Here's the big display at our dining table. Those paper lanterns are awesome!! I just got three different sets and added ribbon to hang them. I just used clear push pins and pushed them into the ceiling.


Here are the cupcake with those same gum balls on some of them as well as the extra large dot sprinkles around the edges.  Since they were gumballs I didn't put them on all of them since a lot of our crew couldn't even chew gum yet. Another note, we planned for the kids to eat outside and I'm SO grateful we did that because those large sprinkles just rolled all over the place!





Here's some of the activities we had. First, was the floral beads. I just put them in a tub outside on our kids picnic table and put an older child there to help monitor that they just didn't get thrown all out.  The kids (especially the little ones) just loved feeling them.


We also had some cupcake coloring pages that the kids took turns coloring and putting their own 'polka dot' sprinkles on top (pom poms). I thought this was going to be lame, but the kids loved this!


Here's the rest of our polka dot themed foods:
-Ritz cheese cracker sandwiches
-Nilla wafers
-Banana Nutella wafer sandwiches (these were a hit!)


-Candy dots
-Those mexican marshmallow cookies


-More gum balls, just for fun!


-Circle crackers served in a round cheesecake pan
-Hummus (round containers)





On the invitation we asked our guest to come spotting the theme: polka dots. So, whoever came wearing polka dots got to take home a bag of skittles with them!


Here's the sweet little birthday girl with her polka dot bib!


She wore a big tulle skirt most of the time, which hid her cute polka dot bloomers but I just had to show them to you! :)


God Bless!

Heather Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment