Friday, July 26, 2013

Quiet Book #22: Flower Vase

I had seen a bunch of different flower pages for quiet books.  I've even made one of the button flower pages before, but I was wanting to make something a bit more interactive, especially for the little ones because buttons can be so hard. So, here is what I came up with:




I just made a vase shape out of fabric, glued on a ribbon for fun and zig zagged around it all the way. 




Then I just needed to make the flowers. I cut out a lot of flower shapes, yellow circles and green leafs out of felt.  Then here you can see me putting them together. I started by sewing on the yellow circles on half of the flowers. Then I glued the pipe cleaner on the plain flower shape. I also added a dot and glued on the top part of the flower- just in the middle.  I later sewed around the whole thing, so it still had that homemade look to it.


Then took my green leaf shape and put glue on the middle and put it on the pipe cleaner.



After that was dry, I added some more glue on the longer portion of the leaf and held that together until dry.


Here are all the flowers in their beautiful glory. I was making three pages worth.


And here is the final page. A cute little page, right? Well, I was happy with how it turned out!


Happy Crafting and God Bless!

Heather Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment