Friday, August 23, 2013

Playroom Transformation #5: Birdhouse

In a previous tutorial I made a tree decal in our playroom.  Now, I'm going to show you that interactive birdhouse that I did.  So...here goes!

I found a clearance 2 story birdhouse.

 
Put it together, but instead of nailing it completely together I had to cut one side and put on brackets on the side so it could open. Painted it a bright turquoise with a pink inside and hammered in some picture frame holders in the back.

  

 

Then I hung it on the lowest branch on our tree so the kids can play with it.  I found the foam birds in the garden/flower section of Hobby Lobby.  I also found a little nest and soap egg I added later. So, now my girls pretend the birds lay eggs.



Couple more pics just for fun:

 
Happy crafting and God Bless!

Heather Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment